How to have YourSay:
We want to understand how we can best support you to use the bus network and improve your overall experience when using and connecting to public transport. Information on the proposed New Bus Network for 2019 is now available for you to review and help you assess your regular journeys.
There are two ways to share your views:
- Take the Survey, after reviewing the Regional Guide and/or School Bus Guide to the New Bus Network and thinking through your regular journeys.
- Attend a Regional Roadshow session at one of 6 locations around Canberra.
If you are having any issues accessing the online survey, please email Transport Canberra.
We are looking at:
We want to hear about how we can support Canberrans to use the New Bus Network to travel to school, commute to work, attend community and sporting events and get around our growing city.
In Phase 1 of consultation in 2017 we heard that Canberrans want public transport to be quicker and more frequent. The proposed, New Bus Network delivers this with:
- More frequent, more reliable buses
- Simpler routes, 7 days a week
- More evening and weekend services
- Better connections
We will use your views to:
Your ideas will help shape passenger and other Transport Canberra initiatives that can make travel on the New Bus Network attractive, practical and accessible for more Canberrans.
New Rapid Bus Network
Canberra is Australia’s fastest growing city. In the next 15 years, the population is expected to reach more than 500 000.
Lifestyles are also changing. As more people move away from a 9-to-5 work schedule, there is a greater need for more services for evening and weekend travel.
The ACT Government is investing now to ensure that the best possible network, fleet and infrastructure are in place to meet the needs of our growing city and ensure Canberra remains one of the most liveable cities in the world.
The design of a modern, integrated network of bus and light rail is a critical first step.
We have been asking what Canberrans want from public transport in our city. Three key features have been consistently highlighted as priorities:
- more direct routes
- more frequent and reliable services
- increased services on and off peak
What we are planning
Transport Canberra has been guided by the feedback from Phase 1 of consultation and has applied a data-driven approach to design a seven day, every day modern network that includes;
- Ten Rapid Routes that move residents across the City at high frequency.
- Shorter, straighter, more regular and reliable local services that connect people with their local destinations and into the Rapid Routes.
- Overall the new planned network provides greater service coverage and frequency, seven days a week at peak and off-peak times across Canberra