Project Status: Open
How to have YourSay:
The ACT Government has a vision of an integrated transport network that provides a range of options for moving people around our growing city. That means you could have more ways to travel to your workplace, local school or shops.
- Telling us your priorities
- Giving us any suggestions you have
- Joining us for a workshop where you can learn more about the draft Strategy and explore the focus areas of active travel, safety, future transport and accessibility in more detail.
Workshops will be held in February 2019 exploring the following themes: active travel, safety, accessibility and future transport. At the workshops you should expect to:
- receive a presentation providing an overview of the draft Strategy and the focus areas the consultation is exploring: active travel, safety, future transport and accessibility
- share your views on additional activities the ACT Government should consider in these areas
- help identify any additional issues related to these areas that are not currently addressed by the draft Strategy.
Places are limited so please register to attend via Eventbrite below. We ask that you read the draft strategy in advance of attending. Workshops will be held at 496 Northbourne Avenue, Dickson.
Workshop 1: Wednesday 6 February, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, register to attend via Eventbrite here.
Workshop 2: Wednesday 13 February, 4 – 6 pm, register to attend via Eventbrite here.
We are looking at:
Significant elements of the Strategy have already undergone community consultation via the Planning and Climate Change strategies, the new bus network consultation, and the light rail consultation. This consultation will therefore focus on areas that have not yet been discussed in detail with the community, including:
- active travel
- future transport
We will use your views to:
Your views and opinions collected as part of this consultation will help us to understand what you think about our strategy’s proposed actions and staging of the delivery of this strategy over the short, medium and long term.
- How does Moving Canberra align with the ACT Planning Strategy 2018 and the upcoming ACT Climate Change Strategy?
- Why aren’t you asking about light rail and the new bus network?
- Why are you focussing on a selection of actions outlined in the Strategy, rather than the full list?
- What difference will my comments make?
- I have more to say. How do I let you know how I feel about other parts of the Strategy?