Project status: Open
How to have YourSay:
The Office for Mental Health and Wellbeing is working closely with the community, including people with lived experience of mental illness, carers, service providers and government, to enhance the mental health and wellbeing of all Canberrans.
We aim to keep people well, living their best possible life. We also want to ensure that when people need help and support – they can access the right services, at the right time.
Let us know what is important to you as we plan and prioritise the work our Office will lead going forward. You can have your say by:
- completing the feedback form.
We are looking at:
We have been working across the community to develop the priority areas for mental health and wellbeing. These priorities will help us guide future projects and we want your views on them.
Our early engagement across ACT and the community sector has identified the following mental health and wellbeing priority areas:
- increased focus on prevention and early support. This includes:
- fostering positive mental health and wellbeing across the community.
- improving general health and wellbeing (e.g. physical health promotion)
- reducing the demand on health services.
- improved holistic outcomes for people with mental illness through a renewed focus on the social determinants of health. This includes: greater access to suitable accommodation, education, employment and meaningful activity and increased social connections.
- coordinated services that ‘wrap’ around an individual, so that individuals don’t need to have to navigate the system.
- improved coordinated holistic approaches for vulnerable population groups.
- reduced suicide attempts and suicide deaths, through better integration of suicide prevention services.
- ongoing appropriate and considered Consumer and Carer engagement and participation.
- increased capacity to grow, develop and sustain an effective mental health workforce, including peer workers.
- further targeted research and evaluation.
We want to know what is working well, and what could be improved.
We will use your views to:Your feedback will help to create projects and programs that focus on the priorities for mental health and wellbeing that Canberrans want and need.
If you need immediate support and assistance, please call Access Mental Health on 1800 629 354 or 02 6205 1065. Access Mental Health offer mental health services that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These services give you access to assessment and treatment services and offer advice and information on a range of mental health issues.