We are looking at:
From late September to the end of 2018, efficient construction works will be underway on Northbourne Avenue from London Circuit to Rudd Streets and on Alinga Street from Mort Street through to the Northbourne Avenue intersection.
After extensive consultation over many years, we are now delivering simple changes to the verges on Northbourne Avenue adjacent to the Sydney and Melbourne Buildings that will complement the new Alinga Street light rail stop, future extension of the bus interchange as well as ready the area for the City to Woden light rail route.
By doing the verge work now, we won’t need to do it in the future when we build the next stage of light rail.
This work will be undertaken from 6 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday and completed prior to Christmas 2018. The work includes:
- closure of the road verge to traffic with fences in place
- keeping the fences unwrapped to ensure good light and visibility for customers and businesses
- removal of the kerb, footpath and pavement by heavy equipment
- Excavation to replace the stormwater network
- Installing conduits that support new street lighting
- Concreting and creating a dedicated bike path
- Cutting and laying of pavements
- Installing new street furniture
We are out and about talking to businesses and stakeholders as these construction works progress.