- Permeable surfaces to support water access for trees with large canopies.
- Increased greenery for connection to nature and reduced ambient heat.
- Use of sustainable construction materials.
- New tree plantings with mass-planted low garden beds that improve water penetration for trees.
- Water sensitive urban design.
- Draws visitors from across Canberra and the region to experience Braddon's offerings.
- Lengthens the duration of shopping visits with comfort offered by new landscaping, improved street lighting and new furnishings.
- Improves connectivity across the street to support traders.
- Activates both ends of Lonsdale Street with new streetscape entry statements.
- Enhances the aesthetics of the street to attract visitors.
- Scope of construction limits disruption to businesses.
- Future artworks to provide employment and strengthen community pride.
- On-grade pedestrian crossings improve safety crossing the road.
- Landscaped median gardens to relax and linger.
- Choices of places to sit in the shade or sun.
- New street lighting to improve security.
- Cycle repair and water stations.
- Reduced vehicle speed to improve pedestrian and cycle safety.
- Improves accessibility for people with mobility needs.
- Bespoke furniture including benches, bike racks, litter bins to support rest, convenience and amenity.