Project status: In Progress
How to have YourSay:
The ACT Government is committed to providing better support and more opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enterprises in our community.
We sought feedback on the draft Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Procurement Policy which aims to reduce some of the barriers for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses and organisations to work with us.
You shared your views by:
- attending a workshop, held on 15 February 2019.
- sending a submission
- completing the short feedback form.
In making a submission, we encouraged you to consider the questions set out in the consultation paper.
We are looking at:
We are looking for input on two key concepts within the policy, the Certifying Authorities and the definition of an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Enterprise.
A Certifying Authority is an organisation which provides services to confirm the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ownership and control of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enterprises.
Some of the key questions to answer on these topics are;
- What are your thoughts on the proposed certifying authorities?
- Are there other organisations you would like the Territory to recognise as a certifying authority?
- How will the proposed procurement policy provide more opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enterprises?
- Is there a way this could be done better?
- What are your thoughts on the process for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enterprises accessing opportunities under the policy?
- Are there any barriers or capacity challenges for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander enterprises using the policy?
Who can provide input
Interested parties were invited to provide a written submission or attend a workshop.
We have already received direct feedback and are continuing to work closely with the following bodies:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body
- Canberra Indigenous Business Network
- Canberra Business Yarning Circle
- Indigenous Business Australia
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- New South Wales Indigenous Chamber of Commerce
- First Australians Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Supply Nation
- Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations
- Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service.
We will use your views to:
- Inform and amend the draft policy to better ensure we are achieving the policy goals.
- Inform future policies and continue to uphold the ACT Government’s commitment to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of the Canberra and the region.